Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT)
DLT is a digital system for keeping and managing the record of sender IDs and template. TRAI has introduced an advanced extension of the Blockchain – DLT to prevent spam Calls and SMSs.
Guidelines for Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) for Enterprises:
- Enterprises need to register with the Operator’s DLT platform by submitting necessary business documents. Enterprises need to select a Registered Telemarketer (RTM) and permit them to perform functions on their behalf.
- Enterprises need to acquire consent from consumers (mobile subscribers) through SMS, Web or Mobile App and upload them on the DLT platform.
- It is mandatory for any entity that intends to send a communication through messaging and voice gateway on the DLT platforms.
- Telemarketers and end-users have to register on the DLT platforms separately.
- Header (Sender ID) registration: Messages are classified into promotional, transactional, service explicit and service implicit which are registered and every header gets a unique Header ID that is shared across other DLT platforms seamlessly. All headers and templates on the platform should be registered.
- Content Template Registration: Entities are required to register all their templates on the DLT system. Every template gets a unique Template ID that is shared across other DLT platforms uniformly.
You can go to below Operator’s DLT Registration portal and select Quester Web Technologies Pvt Ltd: 110200001081 (Telemarketer ID):
- https://www.vilpower.in (Vodafone DLT URL)
- https://trueconnect.jio.com (Reliance JIO DLT URL)
- https://www.ucc-bsnl.co.in (BSNL DLT URL)